Welcome to the website of Carpenters' Local 243. This website has been established for a more modern way to communicate with its members and contractors. Also to provide basic information for people or groups who are interested in our services, or interested in becoming a member of our Local. For years Local 243 has answered to the call of our members, contractors, and our community.
Thank you for visiting our web site. We encourage you to contact us if you would like more information. This site is a work in progress visit often for updates and feel free to browse the contents.
The Carpenters' Bill of Rights and Responsibilities is simple, direct, and fair:
Our Bill of Rights says: Here's what we believe. Here's what we stand for. Here are the basic rights of every working carpenter: union and non-union.
But with rights come responsibilities, and no one knows that better than we do. We know that it is the responsibility of every carpenter to provide a good day's work and to produce a craftsman's product in return.
All working people have a right to: • A good job with benefits
• A living wage that can support a family
• Security and dignity in work and retirement
• A safe and secure workplace
• Education and training to reach our full potential
With rights come responsibilities: • Being productive, efficient workers
• Producing work of the highest quality—work that we stand behind
• Improving our communities
• Helping fellow workers achieve safety and security in the workplace
• Being active citizens and informed voters